Dear Baby Samuel - Letter 3
Dear Baby Samuel,
36 weeks, big guy. We are almost there.
I want to take the time to tell you how much I have enjoyed growing you inside of me. Did I complain time to time? Yes. It's harder than you think growing a human. Your future wife will attest to that someday I am sure. Although it has been getting harder and hard there have always been things that are getting more and more enjoyable along the way.
I got to see you again on the ultrasound and this time you were very entertaining. You had your little hands up over your face, you pulled your knees up and down, and I even saw you yawn. I couldn't believe I saw you open and close your little mouth like that. It was amazing.
I also get to feel you more and when I rub my tummy you wiggle around. Since your last ultrasound, you have been head down. I really liked learning that day how you were positioned inside me. My tummy has looked bigger on the right side for some time now and well... that's because you are over there! The nurse had to put the wand way over on my side to get you on the ultrasound, but you are a good boy already in position like you should be.
Your grandma Suzanne and aunt Ashley threw you and I a baby shower! They really love you already. The shower was honestly better than I could have ever imagined it! They did a wonderful job making the day special for us. Lots of people came, they shared advice, and blessed us with so many wonderful gifts. I feel like I'm even more prepared for your arrival now.
I'm praying for you son. I'm praying for our delivery too! You are doing everything right inside my womb and I'm going to do my best to help you have a great entry into the world on your birthday. I can't wait to see your little body and kiss your face.
This letter is a little random, but let's just blame it on my hormones, ok? Anyways, I want to leave you with some advice.
- Put God first.
- Always love people even if they are different from you.
- Forgive people easily when they have wronged you.
- Go to school and get an education so you can enjoy your career.
- Believe in yourself.
- Respect authority.
- Work hard in everything you do.
- Don't give up when things get tough.
From your dad:
- Always put God first.
- Read your Bible and pray every day.
- Pray for others.
- Pray with faith.
- Even if all odds are against you, never doubt God.
- Daddy knows best.
- Don't forget your family.
- Never bring shame to the family name.
- Help people.
- Always be willing to learn.
- Be flexible and teachable.
- Spend less and save more.
- Being debt free is not optional.
- Take a 20-second break before you make a big decision.
- Always pray for favor, the favor of God and favor of man.
- Pray for wisdom and understanding.
- Do the best in everything you do.
- Never give room to be questioned.
- Value teamwork.
- Stay pure all the way.
- Find a good wife. (like your momma)
- Have an amazing job.
- Raise good children.
If you are reading this you should know you have received spankings, therefore, do not be afraid to discipline your children.
Take care of your parents and your sister when they get old. No excuses.
Good night sweet baby.
Posted on Fri, April 19, 2013
by Amy Samuel filed under